Monday 7 June 2010

Sending off the first year.

Saturday night was our end of year uni garden party. Much fun was had, including childish games of hook-a-duck, blowing bubbles, a bit too much Pimms, fireworks, and dancing. The good weather held out (just - it was miserable yesterday and has rained non-stop today, typical Britain), making the garden part of the evening lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I even enjoyed the Stannary party too, possibly because of the consumption of a bit too much alcohol, but also possibly because of the relief of one year being over and done with.

It still seems so surreal that I'm 1/3rd of the way towards completing my degree - I still feel so young and like university should be far away in the distant future, yet it's now and I've already completed a full year.
My inner child also isn't helping me come to terms with the fact that I'm less than 4 months away from hitting the big 2-0 and no longer being a teenager. Yikes!
Here's to this year, my 15th year in education, and to all the things the next two years will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment