Tuesday 20 July 2010

One year ago today...

... I was heading off to Honduras.

One year ago, I was heading off on an adventure in which I would...

... fly for the first time (my first flight was a 10-hour long haul to Houston... talk about throwing myself in at the deep end!)

... trek through a cloud forest

... view breathtaking scenery across two countries (Honduras and Guatemala)

... try new food (yes, that is a banana, just wild one with giant black pips)

... discover a whole host of wild and exotic creatures

... climb an insanely tall tree

... make new friends (Chepe!)

... sleep in a hammock

... a hammock over a river!

... learn to scuba dive

... experience a new culture

... discover that McDonalds is literally EVERYWHERE

Looking back at these pictures now makes me desperate to go back there. The brief 2 and a half weeks I spent there do not seem like long enough, and if I ever get the chance to return I will jump at it. Any reservations I had about the trip before I went turned out to be completely unjustified, and I can honestly say I it was the best experience of my life. It really opened my eyes, and it's made me long to get out and discover the world.

I still can't quite believe it's been a whole year, the time has just flown by. Makes me wonder where I'll be and what I'll be doing this time next year...


No comments:

Post a Comment