Friday, 17 June 2011

Royal Cornwall Show 2011

I spent a few days at Royal Cornwall Show with St John again this year. I went up earlier this year though, because I'm far too keen and volunteered to help with the setup before the show started. 3 of us travelled up on the afternoon of Tuesday 7th June, and we were joined by 10 others on the evening of Wednesday 8th June. The show itself was on Thursday 9th, Friday 10th and Saturday 11th June.

I decided than rather than have a post full of writing, I would give a run down of this weekend in pictures. Here we go :D

At Royal Cornwall Show 2011...

... we ate far too much junk food (trololol at this awful photo, I really don't know why I'm sharing it with the world, but just look at the concentration on our faces over our burger van dinner haha)

... we tried to cool our drinks with an ice pack (note: sadly this does not work :( )
... I got suspended from the roof of the tent by my oh-so-lovely boyfriend (this is the first of many fails I made that week...)
... we borrowed Liskeard's Landrover...
... and made the first Tremough LINKS road trip... to buy 18kg of cheese (costing £80). Oh the looks we got as we walked out of the cash-and-carry :P
... we worked hard cleaning the medical centre
... I discovered I cannot roll under metal barriers, and thus I would make a poor Mission Impossible-style spy. This also goes down on my list of fails that week
... we were not impressed by the rain on our first morning on duty
... we saw alpacas :D
... we carried on working hard in the kitchen, helping cook for 150 people in SJA, the Red Cross and the Police

... we discovered Barry, our first "interesting" looking bird of the weekend, in the Young Farmers tent

... we saw some cool birds of prey (a Bengal eagle owl and a Eurasian kestrel)

... we found our next interesting bird, which looked like it had a cool mop of hair haha... and a bird with a really long tail!
...we watched some camel polo
... we celebrated the end of 3 days of hard work on duty by picking up Frankie (who clearly LOVED every second of it :P )
... and then, having lost all our energy, we collapsed into heaps on the grass before packing up tents and piling in the minibus to come home.
I hope you enjoyed my little photo rundown of this year's show :P

Obviously this is only a very brief snapshot of what I actually did that week(end), as I was either too busy to be taking photos, or I was out on duty and treating people which I obviously can't take photos of. I spent quite a lot of time in the medical centre this year which was good, because it meant I actually got to do some first aid rather than just doing nothing as usual! I also got to treat a fairly serious casualty while out on a foot patrol, so it was good to put some of my PTA skills to the test.

Overall I had a fab time at the show once again. Bring on next year! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment