Thursday 15 December 2011

My 21st birthday


A couple of months ago (yeah, that's how far behind I am with blogging!) I turned 21.
I didn't go all out like a lot of people do for their 21sts,  I decided to just have a quiet day then og out for a meal with some friends in the evening.

A few photos from the day...

A really sweet hamper that arrived in the post from my mum, containing a bottle of rosé, some chocolates and a delicious chocolate cake.
The cake from my hamper which I may or may not have eaten all by myself...
Balloooooons in the restaurant.

Tasty food. I took this with the 'food' setting on my new camera that I got for my birthday. I didn't even know cameras had food settings, you can even change the colour tone of the picture depending on the tone of your food haha.

More cake.

Even more cake. Om nom nom.

I had a really good day, and it was nice to be able to relax and not worry about having to do all the million and one other things I've had to do since I got back to uni in mid-August.
My main present was a nice fancy camera with a good zoom - when I went to Cyprus I was disappointed that the camera I had at the time didn't have a big enough zoom to take pictures of the animals that were further away, so a camera got added to the top of my wish list so I can get some amazing pictures on my upcoming trip to South Africa!

It's strange thinking I'm 21 now and "in my twenties", and there's officially no way I can get away with being classed as a child for anything any more :(. I definitely don't feel like a proper "grown up" yet though!

No comments:

Post a Comment